Welcome to Meramec River Resort, a historic retreat and popular recreation place, nestled on the picturesque banks of the Meramec River. Here, you’ll find more than just a place to stay—you’ll discover a memorable Missouri vacation location, steeped in intriguing history.
Meramec River Resort was formerly known as The Bird’s Nest Lodge or Bird’s Nest Resort and was first built in the 1920s. Through most of the 20th century, weary urbanites found a tranquil respite in the fishing lodge, offering anglers a peaceful escape from the hustle and bustle of city life. Over the years, the lodge has changed hands a few times, with each owner leaving their own unique mark on the property.
Current owners, Richard and Melita Bell, are committed to restoring Meramec River Resort to its former glory as a Missouri weekend getaway or vacation hot spot. As they continue renovating and remodeling their rental cabins, they are also adding new tent and RV camping sites to their campground. Richard and Melita are committed to delighting their customers with new improvements and additions each year.
Fast becoming a Missouri tourist favorite, Meramec River Resort is where families come for fun! Customers can relax, recharge, and reconnect with the ones who matter most. Rafting, kayaking, canoeing, and tubing atop the stunning ripples of the Meramec River allows guests to float their cares away, which is why many want to visit again and again.
Whether you want fun in a social group, adventurous activities, solitude and solace, or simple relaxation, you can find it at Meramec River Resort. Just tell your friendly and helpful reservationist what kind of experience you are hoping for when you call 573-775-2267. Or if you prefer the convenience and control of booking yourself, simply check out the details for lodging amenities or campsites, then reserve online when you’re ready (just don’t wait too long, or someone else will grab the spot you want!). Richard and Melita hope to welcome you to YOUR Missouri daycation, staycation, playcation, or vacation soon!
Cancellation Policy for Camping and Floating
- Cancellations made 20-30 days prior to arrival will receive a refund less a 15% fee.
- Cancellations made 14-19 days in advance will receive a credit for a future stay for any camping or floating reservations.
- Cancellations made 1-14 days prior to arrival are non-refundable.
Cancellation Policy for Cabins
- Cabins require a 30 day notice prior to arrival to be eligible for a refund or credit of any kind.
- Cancellations made 1-29 days prior to arrival are non-refundable.
- Rainchecks will be issued in the form of a store credit toward a future float. Rainchecks are valid until October 31st of the year issued and cannot be used on cabins or camping. Float trips are cancelled when the river is too high to safely allow floating.
- Reservations require full payment in advance when made online. Management may amend this policy at their discretion for reservations made in person or by phone.